Easle Limited (We) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Why we collect and process data
We collect and/or process data in order to provide our clients with tools for the management of freelance contractors. This is a lawful use for the purposes of GDPR because it enables us and our clients or customers to advance our and their legitimate business interests.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search on our site, pay, download any item or participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your and/or your colleagues’ names, addresses, e-mail addresses and phone numbers, financial and credit card information, personal description and photographs and works.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to assist in developing and/or completing the entry into contracts on our site with freelancers whose details you have entered and to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us or between you and your freelance talent and to provide you with relevant information, products and services;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer including those that are similar to those that you have already viewed, downloaded, ordered, commissioned, purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with general updates and blogs;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form);
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure and free from fraud;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Our payment providers including Stripe, Chargebee and gocardless;Pipedrive, our CRM provider; Intercom our in app messaging system;
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Easle Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
Your rights - marketing
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Your rights - access to information
The Act and the GDPR gives you the right to access the information we hold about you as a data controller. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act or the GDPR by contacting us at email@example.com and going through security checks.
Your rights – rectification
If you spot that any data which we hold about you as a data controller is or has become inaccurate, please let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org and going through security checks and, subject to us being satisfied that it is inaccurate, we will use our best efforts to rectify the same as soon as possible and in any event within one month.
Your rights – erasure
You can request us to erase any data we hold about you as a data controller and we will consider such request. Where there is no overriding need for us to continue to process your data we will then erase it. Please note that if you are a Client who has entered into a contract via our site we will not erase your data except pursuant to our policy on deletion referred to above.
Your rights – restriction of use of your data
You can request us to restrict the use of the data that we hold about you as a data controller. We will consider such request promptly and fairly and in line with our obligations under the GDPR.
Retention of data
We will retain the data which we hold about you as a data controller for no longer than a period which ends two years after your last interaction with Stitch and/or our site or, if longer, until six years after you have completed a Project (if you are a Creative) or delivered a Brief or received a Project or services via our site (if you are a client). Six years is a necessary period because of contractual rights under English law.